Tuesday, August 29, 2023

The Spiritual Life Cycle

Circle with arrows clip art clipartfest clipart 2

Ezekiel 6:9b-10 They will loathe themselves for the evil they have done and for all their detestable practices.  And they will know that I am the Lord; I did not threaten in vain to bring this calamity on them.

I think sometimes we do not think our sin is very bad because we do not have a clear picture of how holy God is.  

 As we grow in our knowledge and understanding of God, we also grow in our knowledge and understanding of our sinfulness in comparison to His holiness. As that happens, we are more and more likely to loathe our sinfulness.  In doing so we then grow in our knowledge and understanding of God.  

This is the cycle of spiritual growth: 

     Our understanding of God makes us understand sin ...

          ... which makes us understand our sinfulness ...

               ... which makes us understand God ...

                   ... which makes us understand more of our sinfulness ... 

                         ... which makes us understand more of God’s holiness … 

And so we continue to grow more spiritually as this cycle continues to operate in our lives.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep Your Mind On It

I Corinthians 14:15 I will pray with my spirit, but I will pray with my mind also; I will sing praise with my spirit, but I will sing with...