Monday, August 7, 2023

Look Where You Are Driving

                                                   Road Sign Distracted Driving

Jeremiah 2:5 Thus says the Lord: “What wrong did your fathers find in me that they went far from me, and went after worthlessness, and became worthless?”

This verse makes me think of one of the basic principles I have learned about driving a car:

If you do not look where you are driving, you will drive where you are looking.

 I have learned the hard way that when behind the wheel, if I look off to the right or the left at something too long, I unconsciously begin steering in that direction and have to quickly readjust the car so as to stay in my correct lane of traffic 

This is the bottom-line principle God is saying through Jeremiah to the people of Israel. There was nothing wrong with where they started spiritually in their God-worship, but when they looked around and watched the idol-worshippers around them, they drove off-course. 

Their problem was that they did not make any correction to their direction – they went after the worthless, useless idols instead of correcting their direction back to God. In doing so, God tells them, they became worthless and empty. 

I pray regularly that God will help me keep my eyes on where I am going so I will not get off-track spiritually by looking too hard or too long at  the sinful society scenery around me.

I want to look where I am  driving.

 

2 comments:

  1. Your shared thoughts are very encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad to know that, Flor. I try to share things that have been encouraging to me and when I hear that it encouraged someone else, it spurs me on to continue!

      Delete

Keep Your Mind On It

I Corinthians 14:15 I will pray with my spirit, but I will pray with my mind also; I will sing praise with my spirit, but I will sing with...