Monday, August 28, 2023

Worship? or Work?

 

Ezekiel 2:1 He said to me, “Son of man, stand upon your feet and I will speak to you.”

Why did Ezekiel have to stand up to listen to God speak to him?  

I see two reasons Ezekiel needed to stand up. 

1. Ezekiel had fallen on his face in worship when he became aware of the glory of the Lord.  Have you ever noticed in the Bible that every time God, or God's angelic messenger, appeared to someone, that person fell on his face in awe or worship or fear, or all three? Because of the awe Ezekiel felt when seeing the glory of God, Ezekiel was prepared to listen to what God had to say to him. 

He knew without any doubt that God was about to speak something important.

2. Standing was a signal for action.  What God said to him once he stood was a call to service.  God was sending him out to the Israelites with a message.

He could not obey that command lying on his face, even though it was in worship.  

There comes a time when we must stop worship and stand up and do something for God.   

There is a time for worship. But there is also a time for work. I want to be ready for both. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep Your Mind On It

I Corinthians 14:15 I will pray with my spirit, but I will pray with my mind also; I will sing praise with my spirit, but I will sing with...