Wednesday, August 30, 2023

They Will Know

 

Ezekiel 12:15 They shall know that I am the Lord, when I disperse them among the nations and scatter them among the countries.

I am currently reading the book of Ezekiel, which is somewhat intimidating to me because of all the unusual and difficult-to-understand visions and messages he gives. However, I keep finding gems of understanding and insight that remind me of the power of God's Word even though I may not understand everything.

For example, by the time I got to chapter 12 in my reading today, I had encountered the phrase, 

                              “They shall know that I am the Lord”

 thirteen times, three of them here in chapter 12. 

Even though Ezekiel is describing all kinds of troubles and punishments because of the waywardness and sinfulness of God’s people Israel, in almost every context, God’s purpose is to bring His people into line and to remind them of His glory and His authority.

In chapter 12 alone I read the phrase several times:

         ✔In social upheaval (verse.15 says when they are dispersed and scattered abroad).

         ✔In physical turmoil (verse 16 explains, when facing famine and pestilence).

God’s purpose remains the same: to bring people beck to His ways. 

        ✔ In destruction and defeat (verse 20  calls it cities laid waste and land becoming desolate).

His purpose is clearly stated as redemptive. 

God, in His love and mercy, does all He can to persuade people to follow Him. 

For me, that knowledge lends a comforting and calming outlook on troubles and trials.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep Your Mind On It

I Corinthians 14:15 I will pray with my spirit, but I will pray with my mind also; I will sing praise with my spirit, but I will sing with...