Saturday, November 18, 2023

The Capital-Letter-L Life

Acts 5:20 Go and stand in the temple and speak to the people all the words of this Life.

I really like the way my Bible has this verse that tells what the angel told the apostles when he miraculously released them from the jail cell that eventful night.  They had been arrested because of their activities in ministering to people.

The angel said to tell the people all the words of this Life (with a capital “L”).   

That capital-letter-L-life is a good enough life to be capitalized. 

It is not just a plain, ordinary life.   

We don’t know exactly what the apostles said about “this Life,” but as I think about what I know and have experienced for myself as a follower of Jesus, several things come to mind.

"In Him [Jesus Christ} was life..."  (John 1:4). 

The life of Christ becomes light for others. "... and  the life was the light of men." (John 1:4). 

In faith in Jesus Christ, I find eternal Life. "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life"  (John 3:16).  

Jesus came to give me abundant Life. "I came that they may have life and have it abundantly." (John 10:10).  

I can only have capital-letter-L Life by having the Son of God in me. "Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life." (1 John 5:12).

The bottom line is that the capital-letter-L Life carries a lot of meaning and is to be desired over all other little-letter-l life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep Your Mind On It

I Corinthians 14:15 I will pray with my spirit, but I will pray with my mind also; I will sing praise with my spirit, but I will sing with...