Monday, October 16, 2023

Will Sin Follow Me to Heaven?

 

Matthew 13:41 The Son of Man will send his angels, and they will gather out of his kingdom all causes of sin and all law breakers.

 I am thankful that I have had very little problem with unbelief or doubts in my years as a child of God.  

I know that some people struggle with doubts all their lives, but I have not.  

One thing, however, that has troubled me in recent years on a regular basis was the fear that the temptation to sin might follow us to heaven.   

After all, Satan was an angel in heaven when he sinned.  He and other angels were all cast out of heaven because of that sin.

So, if those angels had sin creep in while they were in heaven, in God's presence, then how much more easily might that happen to mankind? Even though I, as a believer in Jesus as my Savior, am assured of my place in heaven, I am still just a "sinner saved by grace" and I still can sin. I would hate to think that I must spend all of eternity with that potential.

That doubt has nagged at me in times of weakness, but this verse jumped out at me today.  

Jesus is telling His disciples that in the end of this earth, His angels will remove not only all unrepentant sinners but also all CAUSES of sin, so those causes of sin cannot enter the kingdom of heaven. 

And there goes my nagging doubt!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep Your Mind On It

I Corinthians 14:15 I will pray with my spirit, but I will pray with my mind also; I will sing praise with my spirit, but I will sing with...