Friday, September 22, 2023

All Mine

The past couple of days I have been reading another challenging book of prophecy in the Old Testament, the book of the prophet Zechariah.

I am encouraged by the pictures of what God does for His children that we find throughout Zechariah chapter ten.

Ask rain from the Lord in the season of the spring rain, from the Lord who makes the storm clouds, and he will give them showers of rain, to everyone the vegetation in the field. ~ Zechariah 10:1

As a follower of Jesus, I have spiritual restoration.

The Lord of hosts cares for his flock, the house of Judah, and will make them like his majestic steed in battle. ~  Zechariah 10:3

 As a follower of Christ, I have strength.

They shall be like mighty men in battle, trampling the foe in the mud of the streets; they shall fight because the Lord is with them ... ~ Zechariah 10:5

As God's child, I have courage.

Their hearts shall be glad as with wine. ~ Zechariah 10:7

As a follower of Jesus, I have joy.

He shall pass through the sea of troubles and strike down the waves of the sea. ~ Zechariah 10:11

As a follower of Christ, I have confidence.

I will make them strong in the Lord, and they shall walk in his name,” declares the Lord. ~ Zechariah 10:12

As God's child, I have security.

Redemption and restoration, courage and strength, confidence and security - all mine because I am cared for by the Lord of hosts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep Your Mind On It

I Corinthians 14:15 I will pray with my spirit, but I will pray with my mind also; I will sing praise with my spirit, but I will sing with...