Wednesday, October 25, 2023

What Makes Me Happy

 Luke 10:1 ... the Lord appointed seventy-two others and sent them on ahead of him, two by two, into every town and place where he himself was about to go.

Here are seventy-two people, nameless and anonymous to us, who were sent on a special mission for Jesus.  

Given the number of teams (36), they must have covered almost the entire county of Israel with their introductory message of the Messiah.  They could give first-hand knowledge and experience to people who were hearing all the rumors about this man who could do miracles and who had such radical ideas and teachings.  

Their job was a challenging one. Jesus told them upfront that it would be like walking into a pack of wolves.

And they were successful.  They not only told about Jesus and His power, they even had seen God give them some of that same power and authority over demons.

We do not know completely what impact they had because we never hear any more about them.  

They are, however, a great example to me of those who obey Christ’s commands and whose temporary ministry is blessed by God.  

My name doesn’t have to be remembered; what I do for God in obedience is what matters.

The fact that my name is written in heaven gives me delight.

"He said to them, ... do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven." ~ Luke 10:20  

God can still use me in His appointed way to introduce Him to people. That makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep Your Mind On It

I Corinthians 14:15 I will pray with my spirit, but I will pray with my mind also; I will sing praise with my spirit, but I will sing with...