Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Where Are the Construction Workers?

                                                     Under construction clip art 4

I am now reading the book of Nehemiah, the story of a man who took a leave of absence from his duties of service in  King Artaxerxes in the Persian Empire to lead the rebuilding of the city of Jerusalem back in Israel.

In the account of the rebuilding of the city walls and gates as well as repairing of houses, the list of those who participated in the rebuilding carries with it a good lesson for my own life and experience.

Who did the rebuilding in Jerusalem?

   Religious leaders (priests and Levites)

   Goldsmiths and perfumers - business and professional men

   Government officials - rulers of districts of the city

   Citizens

Did you notice who is missing from the list? 

     Construction workers! Not the first construction worker is named in that list of re-builders.

God did not need a single construction worker to accomplish the task He had directed Nehemiah to plan and direct.

That missing group tells me that as an "ordinary person" I can do a specialized job if God is helping me.

Experience and training are valuable assets, but there are times when God might be asking me to do something that I think I cannot do well enough to participate.

No job is impossible if God is leading you to do it. 

He will help me do whatever His will ordains for me to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep Your Mind On It

I Corinthians 14:15 I will pray with my spirit, but I will pray with my mind also; I will sing praise with my spirit, but I will sing with...